Public Works is committed to being an integral part of our neighborhood and aligns itself with community leaders using art, music, and performance as a source for change. Along with hosting benefit related events for organizations making change both locally and internationally, Public Works has adopted two non-profits who we are proud to work with on a regular basis: SFSmiles (http://sfsmiles.org/) and Root Division (http://www.rootdivision.org/).
- 3/17/2011 – Public Works St. Patricks Day Happy Hour and Dial Up Thursdays raises relief funds for the Red Cross Relief Fund towards the Japan Tsunami / Earthquake
- 3/12/2011 – Public Works becomes a presenting donor in association with Honey Soundsystem’s SPKR benefit event which raised over $6,000 for the SF GLBT Historical Society
- 3/5/2011 – Public Works Mission United, a Mission neighborhood centric event works in-tandem with SF General Hospital and Trauma Center, SFSmiles, and Root Division to raise awareness and funds to support their causes
- 2/9/2011 - Public Works hosts the San Francisco Bicycle Association’s Love On Wheels annual Dating Game benefit event
- 12/15/2010 – Public Works hosts the San Francisco Green Party holiday party with public speakers and a huge line-up of talent donating their time to raise awareness for Green politics
- 8/1/2010 – Public Works presents Outside Art an outdoor/indoor block party event benefiting Root Division and the San Francisco Parks Trust